Welcome Scraps, Graphics and Comments
More Images at GoodLightscraps.com

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

from the Tweet of Brian Kim - dec 26


Sharing from the tweet of @BRIANKIMCCM on December 26th, 2011: 


http://t.co/YPJC8jwp
  • I remember December 26th, 1996.
    That was the day I met Jesus.
    You may question such a bold statement. How can somebody encounter God?Jesus? But honestly, it was supernatural... words can not explain.. But I'll try.

    Several months before that day, I questioned my mom about God's existence. I wanted to know Him if He truly was for real. There was a deep dissatisfaction in my heart with life & all that was happening.

    So on the 26th of December, my church youth group attended a Korean Christian Camp in Houston, Texas. I went to play basketball & check out the girls there. But once we arrived, the camp staff took away my basketball, separated girls & guys into different groups, the sermons were long & all in Korean(which I couldn't understand at the time), I hated my time there. But in the midst of that kind of situation, I encountered God.

    I would always point the faults and sins of others so easily. I always found a way to blame people, even family... but never recognized my own. But I began to see my sin, my shortcomings for the first time. I saw that I had been fake, that I made some big mistakes and sins to people, to family... and ultimately to God.
    And as I began acknowledging my sin for the first time, I could sense someone hugging me.... and it definitely wasn't a person but a presence.

    I was covered in God's embrace & there was a forgiveness there that overwhelmed me. I sensed Him saying : ' Brian, I forgive you for all the wrong you've done. I paid the punishment of your sin through my Son Jesus.' Tears began to fall down my face.


    'Brian, I know you've been trying hard to be somebody through getting good grades in school, trying to please others to gain friendships & acceptance. Brian, it's ok. I love you just as you are. '
    I wept and wept. Because for so many years I tried so hard to be accepted & feel a sense of worth. But here was God saying that I didn't need to try hard to earn acceptance. His love was a free gift. Unbelievable.

    That evening I looked up at the stars smiling & told God: ' I don't know what just happened, but all I know is that I feel like I'm starting all over with a new heart, a new life. I will listen to you & follow you. So please lead me & help me to share this love I've encountered. '

    We arrived from camp & I saw my mom waiting for me in the church parking lot. I told her: ' Mom, I understand now who God is... I met Him'

    We cried together all the way back home in the car. We were overwhelmed because now we both knew this Gracious God.
    15 years have passed by. A lot has happened. A lot of sacrifices were made, a lot of risks taken, a life of faith meant more losses at times... Coming back to Korea 8 years ago to be a missionary here totally didn't make sense... But this journey has been amazing & such an honor.

    Just want to say....
    Jesus, I love you.

No comments: