Welcome Scraps, Graphics and Comments
More Images at GoodLightscraps.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Novel by Ilana Tan

aahhh,,, after maybe ..hhmmm....  almost a year after Spring in London, another novel by Ilana Tan is now available ... "Sunshine Becomes You"  .. the cover is pretty, soft pink or is it more pinkish violet color .. really nice,, feeling romance or love truly is in the air, and is it coincidence a Valentine's month  .. thanks to Jul who give me the updated info about her new novel

I finished cramping it for 2 nights, yesterday until 2 am ... unfortunately i got it sunday late at night, so it didn't give me the weekend time to finish reading it one day straight  .. I want to write something about the novel, but considering it's a Brand New Release Novel, i don't think it's fair for the writer, if  I write about the story ... as it's hard to write without telling even a tit bit of the story ...



hopefully, i can comment something without giving too much spoiler ...

it's a beautifully written novel by her, another melting my heart book (i have to emphasize Melting but not quite enough to make me cry like in Autumn in Paris) , where now i can see that she also getting more and more detail and softness in her writing ... of course, recommended, as i always love her books ... from the Summer in Seoul Summer in Seoul Autumn In Paris,   Winter in Tokyo , and  Spring in London (never comment about this London part,,hhmm, how come). 

Even though i think the story can go the other way,  but i respect Ilana decision .. 

I love the names in this novel : Alex Hirano , Mia Clark .. Alex Hirano and Ray Hirano, si kakak beradik ini ... i imagine they are handsome enough, Ray secara body mungkin lebih gagah tapi pecicilan (in a positive way, maksudnya lebih lincah)  karena unsur dia penari b-boy, compared with Alex yang pianist ... just my imagination from reading the characters of the two brothers ....

Trying to imagine how nice the song  "Sunshine Becomes You" is  ,, 
i can just picture it in my ears, it maybe be something like a song by Kevin Kern, who is also a pianist whom I knew because of  my fave K-drama   .. I imagine this "Sunshine Becomes You" song would be something like "Sundial Dreams" by Kevin Kern ... very beautiful song i was introduced by "Winter Sonata" Bae Yong Joon Korean Drama ...
i bought the cd years ago .. maybe onetime i will put the link of the song here, if i can find it somewhere..
Funny thing with me is that i sometimes just mix-match a song with story, even though it's not related like an OST,,, i should stop doing it later ...

Amazingly, this is the first time I don't fall in love instantly with the Male Star : Alex Hirano , usually every time I read or watch, I tend to lean on the male star right away ... that's not the feeling i get here ... for quite sometimes, I don't truly like Alex, even though I know he is portrayed as a guy who basically looks cold outside but in actual very warm-heated ...  


ooo, one more little thing ...  biasanya Ilana suka menggambarkan keindahan kota lokasi di novel2 terdahulunya (especially for Summer in Seoul, Autumn in Paris, and Spring in London)  tapi kali ini gak banyak atau bahkan gak ada sesuatu yang menggambarkan New York ...it's okay though as she focus more on the pianist and the dancer ...


"Sunshine Becomes You"
Even though Love is supposed to be Feel by Heart,
but it's nicer and sweeter if said so it can be heard.
(the above sentence is just my word only about the novel)

well, too much of no comment from me ...  i want to listen to my Kevin Kern 'more than words' album ... 

No comments: