Welcome Scraps, Graphics and Comments
More Images at GoodLightscraps.com

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My New Addictions

Been so long never talk about food & beverage. For sure, this topic is much better tasted than talked or written about. 

Recently (maybe the beginning of 2012) became my new addictions.  Let's forget about diet for a while.
One place is Tous Les Jours (a franchised Korean bakery and coffee shop - with the advertised famous K-actor : Won Bin) and another one is Chatime (franchised tea place -- like the past Taiwan bubble tea kiosks that were popular maybe around 6 to 7 years ago here in Jakarta , and unfortunately slowly went down in years - not very sure this Chatime is franchised from which country - Maybe Taiwan?).

These two place happen to be in MKG (Mal Kelapa Gading), so every time going there we for sure never absent from stopping by at these two favorite places.



maybe Chatime sounds like the regular taiwanese bubble tea we know from some times ago, but there are certain distinct special tea taste that make Chatime differs from the other similiar tea shops.  My favorite is the regular milktea ; I usually order the Chatime Roasted Milk Tea with Grass Jelly.  The Tea itself tasted very special, aroma of the tea very strong, and the milk tasted very fresh, especially the Grass Jelly (cincau nya bener-bener enak, kenyal, bedalah pokoknya) ...

what makes ChaTime more special is that we can order as we like ; the amount of sugar and ice that we like.  That's why Chatime become my favorite drinks so far.  

My regular order is ChaTime Roasted Milk Tea with Grass Jelly, less ice, and 30% sugar. 

I tried the Pearl, and the pearl also taste far better than the regular pearl /  bubble from others.
anyway,  so far I think ChaTime is pretty specific and special in term of taste either the tea, milk, the grassjelly.

Be patient of Waiting because everytime i go there the Queuing always quite long enough.  



this French named Bakery is actually more popular in South Korea (at least that's what I know, because it appears many times in Korean drama).  The bakery and coffee shop itself has green color for its logo.

I always amaze of how Korea government goes into our world starting from their K-pops and K-dramas and goes further away and further more into what we know as Korean wave or Hallyu.  South Korea applies best strategy for people start and looking more deeper into its countries.  
Like I said, seems like whatever comes with the embel-embel Korean (let's say ; many Korean language courses, many novels/books with Korean background/story/name, tour & travel to S. Korea, stationaries, we can name some more and more),  it already half-success via its name.  And so far (as far as my knowledge) what comes out with something Korean, it doesn't disappoint me.

Anyway, this bakery as the name 'Tous Les Jours' started to be written down when the store renovated, my daughter and I already get excited, not that we know the taste of the products already, because obviously we've never tasted this bakery before, but because the name already famous and we eagerly wanted to taste them.

Tous Les Jours has many varieties of croissants / pastries, sweet breads, cakes, specialized in fresh cream (i think).  The cakes looks soo delicious and yummy, the softness of fresh cream.  For anybody likes yogurt, Tous Les Jours have Yogurtcake which taste great.  

My favorite items to buy in here:  the Wheat Bread (Roti tawar Gandum) -- taste very nice, not like my regular wheat bread -- their wheat bread not just made by one kind of grains, but 4 kinds of grains, this wheat bread loaf is very selling, that sometimes i have to wait half to one hour to get this bread if it's already out of stock... anyway, i always buy 2 loaf for our 1 week breakfast menu.

besides the wheat bread loaf, there are also red-bean, cream cheese bread, which my kids love soo much ..  Sourdough bread filled with walnuts and raisins is another fave of mine...   actually I personally love their filled croissants, but I have to limit myself on this pastry because I know for the fact how bad croissants for our health.

from watching Transporter Jason Statham, I become curious of how madeleine taste like , and i can find it here also, although the price of that small madeleine is quite high compare to the tiny size of the bread/cake itself. 

Besides the bread, Tous Les Jours also served varieties of coffees, taste almost the same as the other coffee specialty.  Try the Green Tea Frappe - taste soo good and fresh, usually from some tasting of Green Tea Milk Drinks never taste okay for my palate, this one taste great.  You will get a Stamped Card with Wonbin's face which said 'Wonbin's Choice' on it .

I noticed Tous Les Jours in MKG (Gading) have many Koreans customers also. The management who brought Tous Les Jours here to Jakarta is by CJ group (a Korean group which is according to my boss, one of Samsung group also)

btw, for location if we are far from the north or east, can go to Senayan City and find these two shops over-there also.

No comments: